Sunday, January 26, 2014

I, Frankenbook

This project feels pretty dead. I have pretty much exhausted my local resources. I have inquired on several occasions to local book reviewers and new reading venues, but I seem to have run out of cred. Also, between the holiday extravaganza and a major work transition (and 14,000 other projects) there has not been a lot of left over time for follow-ups and blogging and general go-getting.

So, I have constructed an old stone tower, with a very long wrought-iron lightening rod and my book is laying on a clinical table with a clean cotton sheet over it. Hopefully with a nice ZAP!!! she will be back on her feet:)

I've attached a photo of an incredible resource for indie authors that was assembled by a pair of Brooklyn authors: M. Craig and Rami ShamirThe map is a comprehensive list of books sellers who stock titles by indie authors. It is a big list and I am sure each has its own consignment process, but I just sent an distribution inquiry email to each store listed, so hopefully I get some responses.  It may be a good idea to follow up with a snail mail letter with a copy of your book. Or at least that is what I am going to do if I don't hear back from everyone of them:)

Still working on some regional readings and need to crack the professional review acorn. Hopefully I will have something to report on in the next blog. An earnest effort to get a review, do a modest book tour, and procure some national distribution and I think I will have done everything in my power to give this project a fighting chance. I think I will be able to look myself in the mirror at least. And then I can write the next damn book.


Let me know if you want a link to this google map. These guys are rockstars in my book. The generation of this map is probably the content of its own novel. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment