Sunday, March 10, 2013

i play sexy voice

Okay, so your book is online, you have a website, your blogging tweeting posting sharing your literary heart out, you've entered a few book contests and now what?

Whew, that was easy right? Why not start a new project? Lets record this baby as an audiobook! After some research, here is what I found out. Of course, there are several companies who will accept your (entry level $3000) and take your book, hire a narrator, professionally mix it and publish your book for you on amazon and itunes.

Open Book Audio (http://openbookaudio.com) is a company that works directly with amazon and itunes, which kept coming up. If you have piles of money to throw at your project, well, then you are probably not reading my blog.

The indie route: Audio Book Publishers - Creation Exchange (http://www.acx.com), which is an amazon based platform will allow you to create an account, sign a contract and upload your content chapter by mp3 chapter. If you narrate your own book, then you receive a higher margin of the profits. It also looks like a sliding scale royalty arrangement. As is, the more books you sell, the higher your royalty is, up to 90%, which sounds dreamy. Fingers crossed!

I did borrow a nice mic from a friend and I am recording in my bathroom. As long as there is no tv background noise, I should be able to pound it out in 5 or 6 sessions. grrr tv:(
Also, I'm recording my audiobook using garageband. Reading it chapter by chapter, I can easily export the files as mp3, edit out little mistakes and put on my sexy voice.

It was recommended that I drink lots of water while recording and wear lip balm. I happen to be a pretty strong reader, so the recording is going smoothly. If you have a slurry, chewy voice, I'd suggest paying a friend in cart fulls of beer and spending a few sunday's knocking it out. You can play mixer and editor and they can play sexy voice.

Good luck with your project!





No comments:

Post a Comment